7startup Educational Videos: VC Driven Startup Business Models & Metrics
The topic of today’s video is VC Driven Startup Business Models and Metrics. Here, we’ll go eight of the most common business models and the right key metrics to track for each of these.
1. Enterprise – The enterprise business model, or B2B, is very different than consumer-focused businesses. As one would expect, this leads to common mistakes in business models and key metrics. Find out what they are here.
2. SaaS – What should your software-as-a-service business model focus on? What metrics are most important for you? Watch and we’ll tell you.
3. Subscription & Transactional – In a subscription business model, there are large differences that need to be considered. But what about a transactional business model? Learn all about both of these as well as common mistakes, advantages, and key metrics, here.
4. Marketplace – A marketplace business model is one that connects buyers and sellers while taking a commission or fee. But what’s the best way to set up this business model? And what key metrics are critical?
5. E-Commerce – Lots of things must be accounted for when running an e-commerce startup. Watch now to learn which key metrics you should be tracking, and how to go about your business model.
6. Advertising – What are the key advantages of an advertising business model? What about the key mistakes? Key metrics? We got it all.
7. Hardware – Come learn all about the hardware business model here. What should you be prioritising? What should you be keeping track of? Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
If you enjoy this video please remember to subscribe to keep up with the rest of the upcoming videos in this series and others.
Amit has 18 years of experience in the industry and an MBA. He supports entrepreneurs with every aspect of their business including concept and product development, investor presentations, and fundraising. Amit & 7startup assist startups in the pre due-diligence process and help connect them to our vast network of investors. Reach out to us today and see if we’re a fit!
Guidance that’s tailored to you.
We know that no two founders are the same, and neither are their startups. Therefore we curate our startup advisory guidance to each founder, getting to know them on a personal level before tailoring our fundraising strategy and workshops. Above all, we will always embed investor psychology for a winning valuation, financial narrative, pitch deck, and investment-grade financials.